Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome to my page!

Hello and thank you for finding your way to my page.  If it was not for my facebook friends this blog would never exist :) This first blog will be short and sweet...I am going to blog daily (I will really try!) about the foods I am eating, maybe even share a few recipes here and there and keep you, my followers, up -to-date on my weight loss journey.
Growing up I was always a skinny girl-never overweight and the best part of it was I could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound.  Well that didn't last too long.  About 4 years ago I slowly started putting on the pounds.  It was not bad at first 10, maybe 20 pounds and then next thing I know I am almost 70 pounds overweight!!! How did that happen so fast?!!? Finally I couldn't take it anymore, I was the heaviest I have ever been and SO out of shape. I promised myself that at the beginning of the year I was actually going to do something to lose some pounds.  Maybe not all 70 but I needed to lose at least 30 I felt.  I toyed with the idea of joining weight watchers several times before I actually bit the bullet and did it. It was scary at first because I am Italian and I love my carbs. The first week I never thought I would see the end of it but it came and then I made it through the next week and then the next and it wasn't so bad.  I still get to eat the food I love but they are just healthier and not loaded with fat.  I can still have my cake and eat it too and that is ok in my book.
As of last week's weigh in I have lost a total of 18.2 pounds.  Just 1.8 pounds away from the 20 pound goal.  That is like the weight of a small child. I can't speak for anyone else but I am very proud of myself for sticking with this as long as I have AND losing weight.
So this is all I am going to write today because the day is over and I haven't given much of a thought as to what I would post about until about 20 minutes ago. But I will let you know that for dinner I had classic shepherd's pie with a light casear salad. Here is a picture of the pie. Don't drool too much ;)

It was delish and only 6 points a serving!

3 comments:

  1. Great start! So glad you are starting this...you're doing a great job of inspiring everyone and some of your dishes look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...ALL! You need to post the colorful chicken dish ~ that looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete