Thursday, March 3, 2011

A quick and easy meal

Last night for dinner we had a version of weight watchers Italian Chicken Skillet. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals to eat (and make). Why? Because it is super easy to make, tastes delish, and takes less than 30 minutes to cook!! When I first started making this dish I would serve it over a cup of orzo (5pts) but last night I served it over tri-color rotini (1 cup=5pts).  I must say that I really liked it over the rotini.
One serving of this is only 4 points! Well, if you add pasta than that is another 5 points but you could easy serve this over a bed of vegetables, rice, or whatever you like :)
I was able to get the camera out last night while I was cooking.  Here is a picture recipe:
 Chop up: one onion, two carrots, and one stalk of celery.
Heat in pan over medium-high heat with about 2 tsp of olive oil.
 Cook vegetables until soft
 Take 2 chicken breasts and filet and cube them.
Throw the chicken in with the vegetables and cook until
 they are cooked on the outside.
 Add about 15 ounces of crushed tomatoes (no salt added).
Add basil, pepper, and salt.
Simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.
 Meanwhile you should have cooked, drained, and added
a tsp of light butter.  
I prefer Brummel & Brown.
 One cup of pasta onto the plate (5 points)
 One and a half cups of chicken and sauce on top of pasta 
Enjoy!


A little bit more of a breakdown...
1.5 cup Chicken and sauce = 4 points
1 cup Pasta = 5 points

Meal total = 9 points


The weight watchers recipe called for about a pound of chicken with a serving size of 4 but because there are only 2 of us eating I used less.  My lessened chicken version served about 3.

2 comments:

  1. Nice that you are cooking things that both you and Jon will eat...healthy eating for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete