Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mexican

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and I made a Mexican themed dinner.  Complete with an appetizer as well as the entree! As some of you are my facebook followers and have seen me post a picture or two of chicken with a bean salsa on top, well that is what I made last night.  I originally got the recipe off weight watchers website but I changed it up a bit to add a little more spice to it.  Spice makes you thirsty and drinking water makes you feel full which, in the long run, helps you eat less and lose more :)
As some of you may know I love Hungry Girl and I have been dying to try one of her recipes, Beany Cheesy Cups.  It is more of an appetizer than a meal and I just knew if it was just the two of us I would eat half of the recipe.  I love beans, and cheese!  I thought us having guinea pigs friends over that it would be a perfect time to make them and try them out.  I personally LOVED them.  It was the right amount of beans, cheese, and a nice little crisp from the fillo shells. One serving was 5 of them and they only cost 3 points!
 Aren't they cute?!!?
Normally in the past when I have made chicken with warm bean salsa I would serve it over orzo but last night I switched things up.  I have been craving cilantro-lime rice, and I decided to try my hand at making that for our guinea pigs friends.  The recipe was of  course not mine because I am just not that talented yet. I did however get it from a talented lady, Martha Stewert, and you can find her recipe here.  A serving of this was only 3 points! I was shocked at how little the points value was.  Although, I do not think I had a whole serving because I personally am not a huge fan of rice.





Beany Cheesy Cups (5) = 3 points
Cilantro Lime Rice = 3 points
Chicken with Bean Salsa = 5 points

Dinner with appetizer = 11 points

No comments:

Post a Comment