Monday, March 14, 2011

Cheesy Turkey Casserole

First, my apologies for being absent lately.  I will have to learn to get used to this whole blogging thing.  These few weeks have been a little crazy around the household.  Lots of eating out and little cooking at home.  I did, however, still manage to lose 4.4 pounds this past week.  That makes my new total weight loss of 25 pounds! As I treat to myself I am eating a little bag of mini eggs while typing this (only 5 points).

One meal I did cook this past week was a spin off on a recipe I found online.  It called for ground beef but I used ground turkey instead. I actually tweaked the recipe quite a bit. It wasn't bad, it was actually pretty good, and because I used leftover elbows from the previous night it took all of about 20 minutes from raw to cooked and on the plate.  Can't go wrong there.

Ground turkey, macaroni, rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, Velveeta, and fat free shredded cheddar cheese. Add spices to your liking....
I don't remember EXACTLY how I made this but I think it went a little something like this

Brown turkey adding salt and pepper
While the turkey is browning reheat noodles and melt Velveeta
In a bowl mix ground turkey, noodles, diced tomatoes, and melted Velveeta.
Stir
Lightly spray dish with cooking spray
Transfer from bowl to dish
Cook in oven at 400 for about 10 minutes
Take out and sprinkle fat free shredded cheddar on top
Back in oven and bake until cheese on top is melted
Serve and eat

Oh and I still have mini eggs left in my bag...on to eat the rest of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment